We are always looking for Volunteers to help with our various projects. If you are committed and interested in the work that we do and make a commitment to volunteer at least 2 hours a week, please ring and speak to the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
In return, you will receive training, supervision, and support and, after 6 months, a reference for Future Employment.
Requirement for volunteers:
- Awareness of cultural differences
- Good listening skills Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak at least one Asian language would be desirable
- Willingness to travel within Coventry for outreach work
- The non-judgemental and non-directive approach
- Ability to use supervision constructively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to record accurate information on a Contact sheet with assistance if required
- Commitment and honest approach to work
- Ability to keep Sahil office staff informed of any issues and areas of concerns, which you may have with regards to Service Users, on a weekly basis